Free Patient Resources

G-PACT offers restaurant cards, venue cards, restroom access cards, backpack accommodation cards and educational materials free of charge. We also sponsor a Supply Depot on Facebook.


Restaurant Cards are business-sized cards offered free of charge to patients to use when they go out to eat.  These cards state that the patient has a digestive disorder, and may have a feeding tube for nutrition.  It requests that the patient be allowed to order off the children¹s menu, senior menu (smaller portions, less expensive), or be allowed to share a plate with another customer.  There is no legal requirement for a restaurant to accept this card but many will.



Venue card

Venue Cards are offered free of charge to patients to assist them in requesting permission to carry their own food and/or drink into certain venues where that is not typically allowed.  The card states that the patient has a GI disorder requiring special food and needs to eat small portions throughout the day. In addition, many venues do not offer the types of food well tolerated by DTP patients. There is no legal requirement for a venue to accept this card but many will.  The Venue Card is printed on the back of the Restaurant Card. 



Restroom card

Individuals with digestive tract diseases will, at times, need access to a restroom in an area where no public restroom is available, such as a retail store.  The Restroom Access Card explains the need for immediate restroom access.    The states that have passed a Restroom Access Act include Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.  The Restroom Access Act is a law that requires businesses to make employee-only restrooms available to people with chronic medical conditions, as well as to pregnant women.  While other states have no legal obligation to accept this card, many will.



For individuals who carry tube feedings or TPN in a backpack, this card explains the need for the backpack and requests permission for the patient to carry the backpack in a location where it is not normally permitted.  There is no obligation for businesses or venues to comply, but many will.  The Backpack Accommodation Card is printed on the back of the Restroom Access Card.

To receive these cards, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:

G-PACT Cards
39-31 A 201 Street
Bayside, NY 11361


G-PACT provides high quality educational booklets on Gastroparesis, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction, and Colonic Inertia.  We also have a one page general information flyer with basic information on Digestive Tract Paralysis.  These are free of charge.

To request booklets and/or flyers, please e-mail Carol at


The purpose of the Supply Depot is to offer patients a chance to donate unused medical supplies to someone in need.  However, there are limitations on what we can accept.


  • Unsterile needles
  • Medication (prescription and non-prescription) in any form (heparin, insulin, IV fluids)
  • Pre-formulated TPN
  • Any item that is rented or owned by an insurance company


  • Feeding bags for Enteral feeding
  • Alcohol wipes
  • Unopened gauze and medical tape
  • Sterile needleless syringes
  • Unopened tubing for TPN
  • Wheelchairs
  • Unopened and non-expired cans of formula for feeding tubes (Jevity, Ultracal, Osmolite, Nutren, etc...)
  • Feeding pumps
  • Dressing change kits
  • Sterile tube accessories
  • Portable pump backpacks

If you have supplies you would like to donate or are in need of supplies, please join our group on Facebook at and post the information there.